As sent to the Governor of North Dakota:
Why the police shouldn’t be required to go out of their way to train informants?
1. The criminals are adults and should have known what they were getting into…and should know right from wrong.
2. They committed a crime, and whether they go to jail or become an informant is their choice.
3. Once you start selling drugs, or become a mule for smugglers, you know the consequences–Jail, Death or Both are the only ways to get out of it.
4. Here is an important note, The informant didn’t go to the police to get training on how to deal with the drug dealer before they started dealing drugs for them, so why should the police be required to train them in on dealing with the people that they are/were already dealing with.
5. The adult informants parents should only be allowed to get involved with the situation if the parents had their adult child deemed mentally incompetent to comprehend such dealings, otherwise, keep your nose out of the police business. Your kid is a criminal and must be dealt with.
6. If the parents want to blame someone, they need to look at how they raised their kids, and determine what they could have done differently, and why their kid turned out the way they did. Your teaching may be flawed. Your kids education starts at home.
If a police department wants to give some training, they should be allowed to, but not forced. You may ask yourself, where is my forgiveness? I’m not the one who the criminal needs forgiveness from, until they do something to me personally. The people who have died from an overdose, get hooked on drugs and need some type of therapy for the rest of their lives, and can’t get a decent job or finish college are the ones that need to give forgiveness. And yet, even if the dealers may be forgiven, they must still take their punishment for wronging the public, as crimes are committed against innocent bystanders for drug money.
Let’s increase the punishment every time a parents whines about their criminal adult children getting a bad deal.
As far as States claiming that they are legalizing recreational marijuana, even though it is still a federal offense, doesn’t that make the Governor of those states, a drug lord? I believe it does, and they should go to jail for their crimes!